Saturday, December 18, 2010

Feel (a little) Better: Brainy infoSec Research


agonizing the threat landscape?
Recently  I had a chance to see some of the smartest, up-and-coming minds in infoSec research present their projects over at Stanford last month at the Autumn Conference of TRUST (Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technology. The pic is not them (it's a Rodin sculpture on the campus entitled Burghers of Calais which sounds like a pretentious fast food restaurant) but the figures embody the kind of angst I often feel about the ever-scarier threat landscape out there. 

But the good news is: the presentations gave me hope. There are some scary-smart people out there working on cool stuff like:

I was totally impressed. Though i could only digest about 1/3 of what they were saying, I could tell these were important, fundamental contributions and we were all fortunate to have amazing minds like this on our side. (Yeah, I know there are similar ones out there working for the bad guys but I'll put these guys up against any of them.) 


So...a little hope, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment